Suite101 Feature Writers

I am not sure how I missed this. Anyone who writes or visits the Suite101 website has noticed the large range of changes they have made. As a writer there, it has taken me some time adapt to the new formats. I usually read through every announcement and at times, the forum posts, regarding it change. However, there is one area of recent Suite101 changes that somehow escaped my knowledge. I lost my feature writer title, along with all the other feature writer and topic editors.

Since I obviously missed the announcement, it came as a huge shock to me today to check  out my Suite101 profile and notice that the sweet "Feature Writer" title by my name has been changed back to "Contributing Writer." After investigating what happened (read: send an email asking when in the world did THIS happen), I learned that although my title and obligations had changed, my bonus would remain intact. This should make me happy, right? Keep the bonus without the required contributions. But I am actually a little sad.

I enjoyed seeing the title by my name, evidence is right here in this Freelancing Mommie post.  I liked having the monthly writing obligations associated with being a featured writer. Alas, I didn't complain. It's not that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things. I initially was shocked, thinking I had done something wrong. Now that I have learned that wasn't the case, it doesn't really matter one way or another. I guess I just liked the title! How silly I sound! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog while researching Freelancing and, though I have nowhere near read it all yet, it's given me some really useful pointers.

    I am currently an assistant editor at a publishing company but am looking to develop my freelance portfolio. This has given me a much better idea about starting small and building up, as well as some companies to contact, so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I apologize for the delay in responding as well as posting her at the freelancing mommie! My health rapidly declined do to complications from type 1 diabetes. Now that I am FINALLY on the mend, I am getting write back to work! I hope you come back to see all the new stuff I have planned! Although I didn't have much time for blogging, I did keep up with my writing obligations both new and old and have learned so much that I can't wait to share with you all!

    ReplyDelete