Where Do You Write?

I recently have been doing some rearranging, turning my room into an office/studio. I have mentioned before that part of my freelance writing career pertains to beauty topics. I have loved makeup since I was old enough to smear my face in my mom's Avon lipstick. I have a cosmetology diploma and recently completed my degree in makeup artist mastery, which was always a goal of mine.
No, as I've mention before, beauty isn't all I write about. I write about several different topics because I love all kinds of things! Beauty just happens to be one of them. On my beauty site, I create makeup tutorials with simple step by step instructions but to do this, I actually have to use trial and error until I capture the look I am going for. I also do product reviews and other beauty type posts.

I used to write all over the house; laptops make it easy to move around. But I wanted an office of my own. With three kids filling my 4 bedroom house, there isn't any available rooms. I decided to turn my bedroom into a place to work, just for me. On one side, I have my vanity and organized beauty products. On the other, I have my desk, books, office supplies, computer, printer, etc. It is so exciting to go to work in an area that is decorated and organized in my own special way. Really makes me feel professional...LOL.

It got me to thinking, how many freelance writers have their own office, specifically for a freelance writing career. Do you have an office or do you just go with the flow, writing where ever you want? It's hard to get used to having this specific area to write. All though I love it, I still spend a lot of time with my laptop in the living room, watching cartoons with my kiddos. Old habits are hard to break, even with a newly decorated office right down the hall.

1 comment:

  1. I am always on the go. I carry my little netbook with me everywhere I go to take advantage of those extra 30 minutes that I might have between things. I also really love writing with noise - I need it to focus. When I'm at home I put a movie on and write in front of the tv. It's too quiet, my creativity just shuts down.

    ReplyDelete