What in the Blogging World is That?

I was recently searching around the web for information on the best, user friendly WordPress templates. I have a new blog there, using a free template but was looking to purchase a new theme in the next few weeks.

I came across a site that described implementing Infolinks into your WordPress blog. I have been wanted to do exactly that but WordPress is a new dimension to me so I was taking everything in baby steps, researching and implementing things as I go. And adding Infolinks is definitely something I wanted to do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Downloaded the Infolinks plug-in, added it to my template and clicked the "View My Blog" link. After the page loaded, I bet I hit refresh twenty times. What in the blogging world was this? It wasn't my carefully designed, fully functional blog. In fact, it was a huge jumbled mess of symbols and icons. It reminded me of abstract art by a not so talented artist.

The worst part is I didn't really know what I was doing in the first place. Much less being able to identify the problem and correct it. But I am not the type of person to flip out or get discouraged. Instead, whenever a problem arises, I step away for a little while so I can approach the problem with a fresh eye and find a workable solution.

Two hours later, I logged into my WordPress blog. Everything was back to normal. No problems anywhere and Infolinks working perfectly. All of my information and posts were accounted for. Had I not taken a break, I would have immediately began researching what had happened and trying to solve the issue which may have only done more damage than good.

This goes to show that sometimes problems will work themselves out, if you give them time. Whenever I am faced with a problem, whether it is a leaky sink or a completely out of place rewrite request, I step away for a few moments to clear my head and then attack the problem with a "I can do this attitude" and sometimes, the problem corrects itself and I can smile in relief. :-)

<3 Missie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment