Just Had To Share!

Hi guys! This will be a quick post...not really informative but a first for me and I just had to share.

This past week has been downright frustrating. Not really having to do with freelance writing but more on the normal, every day life type side. Among other things, my husband, and his entire crew, have been laid off for 3 weeks without pay. My middle daughter is having some issues with her school work. And AT&T talked me into signing up for auto-pay where they promptly hit my account back to back to back for three transactions, totaling more than $900 (when I only owed one bill that wasn't even due until 9/13!!!). My bank account has been frozen for fraudulent activity, my debit card too. UGH! Then, I logged on this morning to find a sweet email from a wonderful topic editor on Suite 101.

My recent article (click HERE to check it out) made the front page of that particular section! I have never had a featured article there before and was so excited, I started showing everybody! Not such a huge thing to many people, but an accomplishment that I am very proud of. It was the start of my new holiday articles (after I took a short break from Suite 101) that I mentioned in my last post about seasonal articles.

If only I could get somewhere with AT&T and the bank, I think this headache might go away! LOL

Just had to share! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Not anon it's Joni. This is the only way I could get this post to stay.
    Thank you so much for sharing! I have tried several times to put comments on your posts but for some reason it does not work, but I am trying one more time. If this one does not post I will email it.
    First, Please, NEVER let a company take money from your account continuously each month. If you have no other choice, I can understand. However, I have had so much trouble with banks in the last few years I do not trust them! I had the same thing happen in 2003 when I lost a job and it was horrible. Again, last year the same thing happened. I had contacted the company to stop the removal of funds and I also told the bank but it was done anyway. They will cheat you if you do not watch out. Now I go online once a month and pay my bills; I refuse to let any of them automatically take my money out. I was a part of a huge lawsuit against Countrywide Mortgage that the Federal Trade Commission had. I received a check last month because Countrywide cheated me out of over $700.00 in mortgage fees that were illegal. It was a nightmare!
    I read your post, then went over to Suite 101 and read your article. It was great. I was thinking about writing for Suite; do you like them? I know on NJFM it is stressed to make money by residual but I need some upfront money too. I am very confused about how to do some of the things discussed. Do you put your articles on your blog and on Suite and/or other sites? Do you change them some before placing them? For the moment, I closed my blog to anyone but myself until I can figure out how to make more than one page, and use “widgets”; it is difficult for me. When others say how “easy” it is I feel so stupid….LOL.
    Take care and keep up the good work.
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni! I do not understand why it is saying your comments are not posting....I have received each of them and have published them to the posts you commented on. I replied to you as well! I will research it a bit and get back to you to see if we can fix it!
    Yes, I should have known better about the bank. The lady went on and on about it being perfectly fine...just a one time payment set up in advance and blah blah blah. I have had SEVERAl instances like this before and why I make individual payments each and every month. I guess I was stressed out and thought hey, if I set it up now I won't have to worry about it later on. But it wasn't due to come out until the 13th of September and that is when all this chaos came to play.
    So here I sit...fraudulent checking account, frozen debit card, cable payment I made declined and AT&T saying "payment problem" and nothing to do about it til Monday. But here is the strangest part of all of this!!! I have received THREE email notices from my bank, beginning at 1am, stating I had exceeded the number of log-in attempts on my bank's site. I was sleeping...my husband was sleeping. Who was trying to access my account? Again at 10am & 1230pm!!! So now my online bank services are locked...something very strange is going on here & I have no clue what it is or who it is!

    ReplyDelete