Standard Submissions: The Good Old Fashion Way

My precious electronic companion.... my writing best friend....my sweet laptop has crashed and took all my hard work with it, as my external memory was hooked into it and was zapped with it. Repairing it would cost more than purchasing a new one. I admit I am unbelievably picky about such things. Needless to say, I have not yet decided on which make and model I am purchasing. The options are overwhelming!

Did I let this get me down? Nope, I decided it was time I learned the ropes of standard print submissions. I have mentioned that I have experience in getting manuscripts rejected many moons ago and even had an article here and there published in print. I have made it no secret that part of my career goals is to have a print book published. So I decided I would use this down time to refresh my memory and update myself on the ins and outs of submitting magazine and book submissions the good, old fashioned way: paper, envelopes and snail mail.

Boy, did I learn a lot! Things change so quickly, too. The hardest part was locating all of this information using only my iPhone and a handy dandy notebook and pen. I have spent two weeks spending my normal writing schedule researching standard submissions, taking notes, writing articles, working on.book outlines for the thousands of ideas I have rolling around upstairs and I am even taking two workshops on this subject via my smart phone.

I admit my fingers hurt and my brain is swollen with knowledge. But I am so excited and bursting with ideas, plans and goals. I have learned so much and am currently organizing it all into much more accessible formats. Since discovering this Blogger app, I can easily update The Freelancing Mommie with my phone. With that being said, would it benefit any of you for me to start a series of posts covering standard submissions for print? I think it would be a great addition to my site and helpful to so many who have goals to be published both online and in print.

Wow, I just rambled on and on about myself, didn't I? Sorry guys, I am just so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment